Preventing & Addressing Electric Shock from Household Appliances and Fixtures

Receiving a mild electric shock when using household appliances and fixtures is a clear indication of a severe electrical issue. Such shocks are signs of grounding or insulation compromise in the given device or electrical system. This guide provides step-by-step actions to take for each appliance mentioned when electrical shocks are experienced.

General Step-by-Step Guide:

Disconnect the Power: Unplug the appliance or switch off the power at your home’s electrical panel. This ensures the appliance is not live, reducing the risk of further shocks.

Investigate: Once power is completely disconnected, carefully inspect the item for possible causes like frayed wires, liquid spillage, or damaged plugs. NEVER do this while the appliance is plugged in.

Contact Us: Electrical systems can be complicated and highly dangerous. If you suspect that you have an electrical issue, contacting us is the safest course of action.

Now, a brief guide for the named appliances:

Kettle, coffee maker, blender, electric can opener, mixer, toaster: Inspect the cord and plug for any damages. Look out for cracks, cuts, or fraying. The electrical shock may be a sign your appliance need our safety and testing services.

Air fryer, oven, microwave, hot plate, range hood, warming drawers: This could indicate a potentially severe problem with the appliance's electrical grounding. Wear rubber-soled shoes and gloves when touching the appliance, and call us to inspect the appliance wiring.

Refrigerator, dishwasher, water cooler, washing machine, tumble dryer, vacuum cleaner, food processor, beer or wine refrigerator: As these are larger appliances, they can give a serious shock. Contact us to evaluate the proper grounding of these household utilities.

Electric blanket, hot tub, pressure cooker or slow cooker: These can render a shock if they are faulty or if there's a short circuit. Always ensure that these appliances are dry before switching them on and have them checked regularly.

Earth wire, light switch, Gas pipe, radiator, water heater, water pump, water tap, stovetop: The danger is especially high in these cases given the combination of water, gas, and electricity. we can help you in that please call us we will book an electrician to look into what’s going on.

Trash compactor/garburator: Check for leaks since water can cause an electric shock. Do not put your hand inside without first disconnecting the power.

Fridge with Freezer, ice maker: These may cause a shock if there is a fault in its electrical insulation, and they need immediate attention from our electrician.

The floor: An electric shock from the floor could indicate a problem with your property's grounding system. we can help you in that please call us we will book an electrician to look into what’s going on.

Click to call

Online chat support 24 hour

We are offering 24-hour chat support on the web please click on the button below to chat with one of our representatives

Click Or Touch Here to chat with us 💬
Share Your Thoughts - Leave a Quick Review!⭐

Payment methods we accepts 

Visa Card, Maestro, Visa Electron, Mastercard, JCB, AmEx, Credit Card, Cash, Telephonic

Click to call 02034881842

Collapse content.